The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

1My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:02 am

Yasmynn

Yasmynn
Visitor
Visitor
First topic message reminder :

Ok. I received my lactic acid about a week ago from lotioncrafters. It came in 2 days!! Quick shipping! Anyway, I'm still watining for my mequinol and Retin A.
I applied the lactic acid last night. My skin is really resistant so I did a test with pure lactic acid and I didn't feel a thing. So, I put it on my face and neck with a wet towel. 88%. It tingled very little. It seemed a bit oily and when it dried, it felt kind of rubbery. The next day the right side of my face started peeling alot. No peeling on the left. But I had already significantly lightened from Makari and Nadinola, I didn't think I would see a big difference, but it is at least a full shade lighter where my skin peeled. The new skin had a supple glow to it. Oh, I forgot to add that I applied more makari/nadinola about 5 hours later. (after the LA dried).
So far so good. I reapplied to the the left side of my face that hasn't peeled. I look two colors. lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Some of it got on the area that had already peeled and I had to immediately get it off of that area b/c it burned like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . So don't apply this to any peeled areas or open.
I plan to start on my body tomorrow. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

76My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
A permatan?

I would avoid the sun, exfoliate nd maybe do some peels

77My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:20 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Well I don't think the peels lighten so much as remove the dead damaged skin on the surface to reveal healthy,soft and slightly lighter skin underneath. You will still need to use a lightening cream to achieve a lighter shade but the likas will surely lighten a little, I would think anyway.

Yes I mean no- I think what you did is similar to peeling off a scab before it was ready lol

okay great, thanks.. im thinking, if i use the peels on my body, how will it be like peeling all over the body? What can i use to take off the excess skin? And will my body literally peel everywhere? I am thinking of using it from head to toe..

78My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:39 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin,
what regimen are you currently using if any and how is it working for you?

79My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:49 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Alizee love,

if you are concerned about diluting correctly, then there is always the option of buying the peel at an already made lower percentge like 35%. It still is relatively inexpensive even if you do it this way.

80My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:15 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Thanks Maharani, I forgot all about that lol; bonde moment.
Would lotioncraft sell it already diluted?

Porcelian skin you can use a microdermabration cloth to get rid of the peeling skin.

81My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:19 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Thanks Maharani, I forgot all about that lol; bonde moment.
Would lotioncraft sell it already diluted?

Porcelian skin you can use a microdermabration cloth to get rid of the peeling skin.

Sweety, tell me, whats the difference between a microfibre and microdermabration cloth? And I don't need to exfoliate or scrub my body right while doing the peels?

82My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
You don't have to because the peels make you exfoliate but the cloth helps shed the ded skin. From what I know a microdermabration brush helps to exfoliate and remove ded skin cells

83My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:24 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:PorcelainSkin,
what regimen are you currently using if any and how is it working for you?

i am currently using just gentle cleansers soaps and getting used to using sun screen, hardly ever b4. I have four unopened boxes of likas sitting in my cupboard waiting to be used.. i'm just trying to get my head around starting the lightening regimen, il start soon though..

84My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:26 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
can't wait

85My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:28 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:You don't have to because the peels make you exfoliate but the cloth helps shed the ded skin. From what I know a microdermabration brush helps to exfoliate and remove ded skin cells

Okay, i think i might try using the brush, thanks. but how much peeling will actually happen? lets say in 4 weeks time? will ur skin continue to shred? surely long term, this aint good...

86My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
You can start using the soap now if you want and do the peels. If you want to be extra sure just don't use Likas the day of and after you use a peel.

87My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I've never done a peel but you only peel around the time you're using one and ret a. Just don't over exfoliate

88My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:31 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:You can start using the soap now if you want and do the peels. If you want to be extra sure just don't use Likas the day of and after you use a peel.

Im thinking of starting the peels sometime next month, should i try the likas now though before the peels? coz i'll continue using the likas even when im peeling although as u said, not on the days that i actually put the peel on... but do u think i will experience any lightening with the likas now though.. and sunscreen will be essential now too..

89My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:34 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:I've never done a peel but you only peel around the time you're using one and ret a. Just don't over exfoliate

If I may ask, why don't you use peels? How much lightening have u achieved so far?

90My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:50 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Alizee love,

You can try ebay. There is a company called skin beauty solutions, whose products I really like.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

91My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Merci Maharani. I think I may buy it and just try it on my face.

Porcelian skin,
I have not done a peel yet because I did not know how to do one. I am waiting on my stuff so that I can start but in the mean time I use neutrogena, st. Ives, and I exfoliate

92My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:24 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Alizee love
are you lightening? if so wacha usein

93My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:28 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I used f&w and I believe it evend out my skin and did lighten but I think it drkend me. Little more then what color I was when I first started. I am waiting for my order to arrive Wink

94My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:32 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
are you ordering mq

95My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:46 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Hq but now I'm thinking I should have gotten mq

96My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:47 pm

dizzellz112

dizzellz112
Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
do you use a paint brush to apply the lactic acid?

97My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:49 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
No, a cotton swab

98My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:51 pm

dizzellz112

dizzellz112
Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
oo cotton swab for your face and arms?

99My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:51 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
compliments from the doctors office

100My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 4 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:57 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
No I don't have anymore so I'm gonna have to spend a whole 99 cents on a bag of twenty lol

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | Society and Culture | Beauty, Celebrities, Fashion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com