The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

1My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:02 am

Yasmynn

Yasmynn
Visitor
Visitor
First topic message reminder :

Ok. I received my lactic acid about a week ago from lotioncrafters. It came in 2 days!! Quick shipping! Anyway, I'm still watining for my mequinol and Retin A.
I applied the lactic acid last night. My skin is really resistant so I did a test with pure lactic acid and I didn't feel a thing. So, I put it on my face and neck with a wet towel. 88%. It tingled very little. It seemed a bit oily and when it dried, it felt kind of rubbery. The next day the right side of my face started peeling alot. No peeling on the left. But I had already significantly lightened from Makari and Nadinola, I didn't think I would see a big difference, but it is at least a full shade lighter where my skin peeled. The new skin had a supple glow to it. Oh, I forgot to add that I applied more makari/nadinola about 5 hours later. (after the LA dried).
So far so good. I reapplied to the the left side of my face that hasn't peeled. I look two colors. lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Some of it got on the area that had already peeled and I had to immediately get it off of that area b/c it burned like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . So don't apply this to any peeled areas or open.
I plan to start on my body tomorrow. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

51My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:31 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:

Okay great, so I do not need to use TCA peels for knees and elbows, I can just use the lactic for both face and body? Great, makes life easier. Maharani, can I just order you along with the lactic acid and you come do it for me? You seem to know too well what to do Wink Just kidding.. Wish I could just get in and out of a lightening machine and get the best results ever, this regimens are just too much work Sad No pain, no gain I suppose.. So I'll try this for a month, and perhaps start the ret a and MQ mixture for the second month.. And i can continue the lactic acid for the entire body during the second month but perhaps only once a month or is there really no need with the ret a and MQ?

LOL Porcelainskin, Not sure I would fit into a small parcel !!

Yes the lactic acid is fine to use first of all. You need to get your skin used to this process and so I would leave the TCA out.

Depending on how your skin reacts to the peel, you may decide to keep up the weekly regime or do it once a month, as you suggested. If you are then introducing RA, then you will need to stop using it for a couple of days before and after the peel to avoid over exfoliating. You may find that you are happy with just using the RA, but best to see how you feel once you have done a few of the peels.

52My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:39 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:
PorcelainSkin wrote:

Okay great, so I do not need to use TCA peels for knees and elbows, I can just use the lactic for both face and body? Great, makes life easier. Maharani, can I just order you along with the lactic acid and you come do it for me? You seem to know too well what to do Wink Just kidding.. Wish I could just get in and out of a lightening machine and get the best results ever, this regimens are just too much work Sad No pain, no gain I suppose.. So I'll try this for a month, and perhaps start the ret a and MQ mixture for the second month.. And i can continue the lactic acid for the entire body during the second month but perhaps only once a month or is there really no need with the ret a and MQ?

LOL Porcelainskin, Not sure I would fit into a small parcel !!

Yes the lactic acid is fine to use first of all. You need to get your skin used to this process and so I would leave the TCA out.

Depending on how your skin reacts to the peel, you may decide to keep up the weekly regime or do it once a month, as you suggested. If you are then introducing RA, then you will need to stop using it for a couple of days before and after the peel to avoid over exfoliating. You may find that you are happy with just using the RA, but best to see how you feel once you have done a few of the peels.

Sounds Amazing, the simpler the regimen the better.. Thanks, ur a star** For the first month with the full body (both face and body) peels, i can also just moisturise with eucerin after the vitamin c serum, and wash the body with a gentle body wash or i can also use the likas on the days that i dont use the peel and a gentle body and face wash on the days that i do use the peel.. this is fine right?

53My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:41 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Maharani, let's make a deal. I'll purchase lactic acid for the entire year and then they will give me a larger parcel and you can fit in. Sounds like a good plan to me, what u think? LOL

54My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:06 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
If only, if only...... I quite fancy visiting Malaysia, though it has to be at your cooler time of year I' m afraid !!!

I can tell that you like to go through things thoroughly, so there is no doubt in my mind that you will be absolutely fine.

55My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:12 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:If only, if only...... I quite fancy visiting Malaysia, though it has to be at your cooler time of year I' m afraid !!!

I can tell that you like to go through things thoroughly, so there is no doubt in my mind that you will be absolutely fine.

I'm a perfectionist, can't help but faf (if that's how you spell it, lol).. Malaysia has been receive sporadic rains lately although the regular hot humid wind occurs, lightening should not be done in this country, the weather just doesn't support it.. How far with your journey Maharani?

56My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:24 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:yes_I mean no,

if your skin is feeling particularly painful, you may like to consider cutting back the RA application to every couple of days or every 3 days. If it is the first time you have used a retinoid, then you need to let your skin adjust to this powerful substance and this could be why you are feeling uncomfortable at the moment. Some people also buffer. So you can either apply a moisturiser first and then your retin A OR your Retin A first and then your moisturiser or just mix a littly moisturiser and RA in your hand and apply it that way. This way you are not getting the full effect of the Retin A. Something like eucerin or cetaphil is good to use as a moisturiser, for this method. Also please make sure that you wait at least 20 - 30 miutes after cleansing your face before applying your RA, if you are not already doing so.

last night i put on almond glow before i used it and added less RA, there was a small tingling but it wasn't painful, i'll guess i'll start doing that

57My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:30 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Cool, let us know how it works out. Once your skin gets used to the Retin A, you can skip that step, but I am sure it will help for now. All the best [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

58My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:31 pm

dizzellz112

dizzellz112
Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
would lactic acid be enough to get rid of a permatan?

59My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:46 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
it could depending on how dark the tan is and how long you've had it for

60My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:51 pm

dizzellz112

dizzellz112
Valued Contributor
Privileged
Oo Cool

61My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:53 pm

dizzellz112

dizzellz112
Valued Contributor
Privileged
you using lactic acid?

62My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:19 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Can i use eucerin as a facial and body moisturiser? And what is a good gentle body wash? Cetaphil is fine for the face right? Especially while doing the peels.. Oh by the way, if i do the peel, i dont have to use an additional facial wash for blemishes or pimples coz the peel will remove it for me right?

63My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:27 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
eucerin have there own line moisturiser and spf products, theres Eucerin Original Moisturizing Creme, 16 oz at walmart, or you can buy it online only $12 to, thats a good price

cetaphil is fine for the face they have there own facial moisturizers and cleansers

the peel can remove blemishes and pimples but using an additional (gentle) facial wash wouldn't hurt either

64My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:14 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:eucerin have there own line moisturiser and spf products, theres Eucerin Original Moisturizing Creme, 16 oz at walmart, or you can buy it online only $12 to, thats a good price

cetaphil is fine for the face they have there own facial moisturizers and cleansers

the peel can remove blemishes and pimples but using an additional (gentle) facial wash wouldn't hurt either

I was told to use a gentle facial and body wash, and eucerin as a moisturiser. What additional gentle facial wash do you recommend?

65My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:47 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
best cleanser for normal skin would be Cetaphil Cleanser
$10
best moisturizing cleanser for dry skin would be Pond's Cold Cream
$5
best cleanser for dry skin would be Boscia Soothing Cleansing Cream
$25
best cleanser for oily skin would be Clinique Wash-Away Gel Cleanser
$18
best cleanser for acne would be Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, Acne Treatment
$11
best cleanser for sensitive skin would be Olay Foaming Face Wash, Sensitive Skin
$5-$20

hope this helps, i put the list together based off what i used and what others have had good results with

66My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:52 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:best cleanser for normal skin would be Cetaphil Cleanser
$10
best moisturizing cleanser for dry skin would be Pond's Cold Cream
$5
best cleanser for dry skin would be Boscia Soothing Cleansing Cream
$25
best cleanser for oily skin would be Clinique Wash-Away Gel Cleanser
$18
best cleanser for acne would be Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, Acne Treatment
$11
best cleanser for sensitive skin would be Olay Foaming Face Wash, Sensitive Skin
$5-$20

hope this helps, i put the list together based off what i used and what others have had good results with

Did I ever mention that your the absolute best? Thank you so much, really really appreciate it. Luckily I can get all of those here..

67My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:29 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
oh well your absolutely welcome

68My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:48 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I would recomend St. Ives they have one for toning, blenishes/blackheads and a new green tea facial scrub. You can buy them all for under $5

69My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:58 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
If you have a permatan you'll have to make sure and avoid firect sunlight as your skin will be more sensitive.

Porcelian skin I have a feeling you will be fine once you start. I myself am unsure if I want to do a peelfor the simple fact I have no clue on how much of the peel to add to wtaer but it sounds like a hassle lol.

Yes I men no- I think you really should cut back on the ret a and mq because you seem to be lightening at a very fast pace and if you're not careful you might get thinning in places. Also, I doubt the duck tape helped lol

70My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:35 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love, yeah my sentiments exactly. How is your regimen going? Are you still thinking of using the peels? I'm just wondering, is there a chance that after doing the peels in addition to perhaps washing with likas and using a vitamin c serum that I'll achieve my 3 shades lighter goal? Or is it almost guaranteed that I'll have to try the ret a and MQ?

71My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:36 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Oh by the way, which Vitamin C serum should I use? Can i easily get it in the pharmacy? Or it it better to make one yourself? Smile

72My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:24 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
the duck tape worked but removed to much skin and made everything hurt more so i stopped a couple days ago

73My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:28 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well I don't think the peels lighten so much as remove the dead damaged skin on the surface to reveal healthy,soft and slightly lighter skin underneath. You will still need to use a lightening cream to achieve a lighter shade but the likas will surely lighten a little, I would think anyway.

Yes I mean no- I think what you did is similar to peeling off a scab before it was ready lol

74My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:29 pm

dizzellz112

dizzellz112
Valued Contributor
Privileged
ali how do i get rid of a permatan

75My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 3 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Well I don't think the peels lighten so much as remove the dead damaged skin on the surface to reveal healthy,soft and slightly lighter skin underneath. You will still need to use a lightening cream to achieve a lighter shade but the likas will surely lighten a little, I would think anyway.

Yes I mean no- I think what you did is similar to peeling off a scab before it was ready lol

yeah i think so to, very painful

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com