The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

1My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:02 am

Yasmynn

Yasmynn
Visitor
Visitor
First topic message reminder :

Ok. I received my lactic acid about a week ago from lotioncrafters. It came in 2 days!! Quick shipping! Anyway, I'm still watining for my mequinol and Retin A.
I applied the lactic acid last night. My skin is really resistant so I did a test with pure lactic acid and I didn't feel a thing. So, I put it on my face and neck with a wet towel. 88%. It tingled very little. It seemed a bit oily and when it dried, it felt kind of rubbery. The next day the right side of my face started peeling alot. No peeling on the left. But I had already significantly lightened from Makari and Nadinola, I didn't think I would see a big difference, but it is at least a full shade lighter where my skin peeled. The new skin had a supple glow to it. Oh, I forgot to add that I applied more makari/nadinola about 5 hours later. (after the LA dried).
So far so good. I reapplied to the the left side of my face that hasn't peeled. I look two colors. lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Some of it got on the area that had already peeled and I had to immediately get it off of that area b/c it burned like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . So don't apply this to any peeled areas or open.
I plan to start on my body tomorrow. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

151My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:50 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Great I'm very excited for you. Please keep us informed of your progress and maybe I will try a peel one day^^.

152My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:48 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I wanna know about this too because it is sum thing I wanna try out but need to read a few more reviews before I take the plunge. The idea kinda scares me.

153My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:00 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Really the only people who have encountered problems have been those who have not followed the instructions carefully, used too high a concentration, did not peform a patch test or used it too frequently and did not listen to their skin.

For tough areas like the knees and elbows, the peels can be really useful.

154My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:16 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:Really the only people who have encountered problems have been those who have not followed the instructions carefully, used too high a concentration, did not peform a patch test or used it too frequently and did not listen to their skin.

For tough areas like the knees and elbows, the peels can be really useful.

Hi Maharani, just a quick question. How do you know the difference between a bad side effect and mistaken it with a good side effect, that is normal and may actually be beneficial for your skin? Sorry if I'm not making any sense..

155My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:25 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Not sure what you mean, but basically after your peel, your skin should not feel sore or tender. There should be no "raw" skin or skin that looks very inflamed.

Did you carry out the peel then?

156My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:08 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Oh okay, you've answered my question, thanks. No, have not done it yet, will do though next week. Thanks for asking Wink

157My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:30 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yasmynn wrote:I used the makari body milk and nadinola extra strength. I cleaned my face with fair and white aha exfoliating soap and then put the nadinola on and then the makari on twice a day. After my skin got too light, I used once a day.

I am looking for something to try on my face and wanted to ask you whether you think it is necessary to use both of those products to get results. I really dont want to spend too much money at the moment as i am on a bit of a budget. which do you think is better

158My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yasmyn how light do you think you got with the makari body milk and nadinola?

I've looked up the makari and their prices are ok, but I'm not sure if their sizes would be good for someone like me who wants to lighten their entire body. Also I can't find the nadinola or fair and white aha soap but I think St. Ives would wrok too as it exfoliates.

159My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:40 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Did you not see her pic where she compared her face to the back of her hand? Very significnat results !!!

160My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:39 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
yasmynn do you have the pic still up? I would luv to see it please.

161My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:50 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oh yes Maharani, I did see that and the differences were quite striking. I've just read so many horror stories about Makari that I'm scared to over try. Interestingly their kit is cheaper then f&f, or it was when I looked. I do want to lighten my whole body so the hq is probably my best bet

162My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:19 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey everyone, hope you are all well and your regimens are producing your desired results. Anyway, here is a quick update on my side. I have performed the lactic acid patch test(on the whole of my right arm Wink roughly 48 hours ago and have no side effects, which is good. I diluted the acid to about 44% and experienced just a little burning. So now I'm ready to start my weekly lactic acid peel. Can I start immediately or wait until about next week?

163My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:37 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I would star immediatly but not on the spot you just did since you applied it to your whole arm and not just a small area of it. You do not want to over-peel one area and so iwould do the other arm and next week do the arm you just did 48 hours ago.

164My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:57 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I actually want to use the lactic acid peel for my entire body, from neck down to my feet. So can i apply immediately elsewhere except the arm I did the patch test on?? And I'm thinking of perhaps also using the lactic acid on my face because i have not experienced any peeling from the retin a 0.01 and i've been using it for over a month. i was thinking of using a higher % but since i have the lactic acid already, i could always just use on my face, to make my regimen less complicated..

165My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:11 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
You seem to have a good plan and I agree about using it for the whole body.

166My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:48 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
So i shud just leave out the retin a right? Does the retin a basically do the same thing as the lactic acid or are they significant differences??

167My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:07 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Can't answer your question but glad the patch test seemed to go ok. Please let us know how the rest of the treatment goes, as I am really looking to do some peels myself.

168My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:22 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey Kim

Great to meet you. Sure, will keep you all posted. Because I did the patch test on the whole of my right arm, my inner arm has already started peeling as well as in between my fingers, super excited.. So will do the rest of the body tomorrow and then again next week. If I really like the results, I might buy some more and do more peels, but obviously take a break for about a month.. Kim, what regimen are you on?

169My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:32 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I am looking for a regime at the moment. I was using makari but it broke me out bad and gave me really bad marks that I still have now. It did really lighten me which made the spots really stand out more. I have darkened back since I have stoppped but at least the spots are not so obvious as before. I was going to try it again with retin A but if not I may try HQ with retin A.

170My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:04 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,

It sounds as though everything went well. Good to hear!! You should be able to peform the rest of your treatment and like you said, make sure you do not apply on the arm you have already tried it out on. I did think you were going to just do a small patch test by the way, and not your entire arm, but the main thing is that it went well. So all good. Please bear in mind that different parts of the body may have different sensitivities so, any area that feels like it is burning intensely, please remove.

In terms of the lactic acid on your face, you have to stop using the Retin A for at least 2 - 3 days before and after the peel, otherwise you run the risk of over exfoliating. I am really excited to know how you get on hun !!!

171My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:37 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:PorcelainSkin,

It sounds as though everything went well. Good to hear!! You should be able to peform the rest of your treatment and like you said, make sure you do not apply on the arm you have already tried it out on. I did think you were going to just do a small patch test by the way, and not your entire arm, but the main thing is that it went well. So all good. Please bear in mind that different parts of the body may have different sensitivities so, any area that feels like it is burning intensely, please remove.

In terms of the lactic acid on your face, you have to stop using the Retin A for at least 2 - 3 days before and after the peel, otherwise you run the risk of over exfoliating. I am really excited to know how you get on hun !!!

Maharani, I'm super excited too hey. I feel like you're my lightening mummy, trust me, its a great compliment, hehehe. Thanks for all ur love.. Yes, I did the whole arm because I was just being very daring I guess and I was like oh well, I might well see the full effect. Thank goodness it went well. Okay thanks for the advice. I think I'll do the lactic for the entire body and face on Sunday, so that gives me just over 2 days with no retin a on my face. Hopefully my face does not sting. So if i peel from the lactic in my inner arm, I'm sure I'll peel on my face soon as well. I'll just stop the retin a all together.

172My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:48 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Best of luck hun! Just remember that your face will probably not tolerate the peel for as long as your body, especially as you have now introduced the retin A. See if you can do them as seperate treatments, so you can time it accurately. Luv MOM LOL !!!

173My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:07 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:Best of luck hun! Just remember that your face will probably not tolerate the peel for as long as your body, especially as you have now introduced the retin A. See if you can do them as seperate treatments, so you can time it accurately. Luv MOM LOL !!!

Mom, lol, what do you mean by my face may not tolerate for peel for as long as my body? I dilute the peel to about 44% so how long should I keep it on my face for and my body as separate treatments?? I did the patch test for about 7mins and it did sting abit..

174My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:15 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey, was just wondering, retin a and lactic acid basically treat and correct the same skin concerns right??

175My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 7 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:09 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
They both cause peeling and the new skin is always lighter then that on top because that skin has not been exposed to the pollutions in the air.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com